It’s hard to believe, but The ADHD Homestead is almost a year old already! If you’ve just joined us recently and want to catch up, how about starting with these reader favorites?
- The only early childhood activity worth my money
ADHD families can go crazy (and broke) trying to provide our kids with the perfect schedule of activities. My son has only one structured activity: Music Together. It’s kind of amazing, even for kids with special needs.
- Toys in the ADHD home: why everyone’s happier with less
An uncluttered home begets an uncluttered mind — for kids and grownups alike.
- Book review: Duct Tape Parenting
Parenting expert Vicki Hoefle makes the case for a less-is-more approach to parenting. If you haven’t read this little book, pick it up today. It’ll change your life.
For women & girls
- Falling through the cracks: one ADHD girl’s story
Carolyn of The Distracted Mom shares her own story about late ADHD diagnosis in women in girls
- ADHD then and now: notes from my teenage self
I unearth a diary entry circa age 17 to recall what ADHD felt like pre-diagnosis and pre-adulthood
Organizing time & stuff
- Book review: Unclutter Your Life in One Week
While I don’t recommend accomplishing it all in one week, this book provides some wonderful inspiration for eliminating clutter and distractions
- Time blindness & ADHD
It’s not that we don’t care — ADHD actually alters and impairs our perception of time
Taking care of yourself
- ADHD-challenged wardrobe: my 30-year quest for great shoes
Sensory sensitivities can make ADHD’ers very high-maintenance indeed. If you have trouble wearing shoes, I have a deal for you!
- Employee Assistance Programs: an ADHD adult’s lifeline
Overwhelmed by the prospect of getting help for your ADHD? You may be able to fast-track a solution for free through the Employee Assistance Program — even if you’re unemployed
- What you need to know about ADHD, impulsivity, and self-harm
ADHD mood issues can be a big deal, and ADHD increases suicide risk five-fold
Whew! If you like what you see, please sign up for email updates via the form below to receive top content every month!